Sunday, May 27, 2012

Growing Up Geek: Alexis Santos

Welcome to Growing Up Geek, an ongoing feature where we take a look back at our youth and tell stories of growing up to be the nerds that we are. Today, we have our new editor, Alexis Santos.

Growing Up Geek: Alexis Santos

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted something emblazoned with an all too familiar logo while driving along a county road seven months ago. Though my mind could have been playing tricks on me, I doubled back and pulled over to confirm what I had seen. There, in the brush, was what I had suspected: a slightly faded Nintendo Entertainment System box. Upon further inspection, the packaging was unscathed and complete with its original foam inserts, plastic bags, twisty ties and K-Mart price sticker. Having rescued the nigh mint condition box, I rushed home to place it atop my entertainment center. There was no doubt I was a geek before that moment, but it became clear that following my geeky impulses could have interesting results.

Continue reading Growing Up Geek: Alexis Santos

Growing Up Geek: Alexis Santos originally appeared on Engadget on Fri, 25 May 2012 17:00:00 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink   |   | Email this | Comments

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/25/growing-up-geek-alexis-santos/

CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR ACCENTURE ACER ADOBE SYSTEMS

No comments:

Post a Comment